Date:      Sun, 18 Jan 1998 22:18:01 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jdp@polstra.com (John Polstra)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dladdr hax

> > Could somebody with access to a Solaris machine please compile and
> > run the attached program, and send me its output?
>
> Thanks, everybody, I've got it now!  You can stop. :-)

You aren't going to get what you probably thought you were going to get;
spcifically, the libc symbol names will actually give you the address
of the stub function linked from the shared library into the main program,
not the address of the function in the C library.  I pointed that out
with my first test program and output (very similar to yours).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.