Date:      Sun, 06 Sep 1998 14:49:01 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Marty Leisner <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: 3.0 enters BETA status in 12 days!

> > It's been "important" for a pile of reasons, all of which have been
> > discussed to death.  Now is not a good time to be asking "why".
> >
> I have a large project in a.out format I have no time to rebuild this code
> If I had to do that I could also move to linux (Yard is working fine
> even if it's slower)

Why don't you stick with -stable for your project then?  I'm not sure
I'd try to deploy *anything* commercial based on 3.0 right now, and
certainly not before the ELF transition was completed and well shaken
out, so I find this Yard connection to be rather inexplicable.  If
they're wanting to sell this thing, then the market for the next 6
months or so is not going to be 3.0, it's going to be 2.2.x systems.
That's what the great majority of our users (and any of Yard's
potential customers) are running and will continue to run for awhile.

- Jordan