Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:53:23 -0700
From:      "Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson" <insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Private IP DNS

I have a 3.1 box running as a gateway/NATD box for  my private network
at home using a Cable modem for a connection. My network is using the
192.168.x.x IP's. What I would like todo is setup DNS on my gateway/NATD
box to resolve for my local network <So I do not have to maintain a host
file on them damn windows boxes> and do my DNS queries out to the internet.
With this properly configured I would then not have to worry if my cable
modem provider rotates my segment to a different DNS server because the update
would come down along with my new DHCP lease. I can do 4.X DNS but this
version 8.x gets me confused.  I could probably get it if I sat down long
enough to read but Time is not of the essisence<sp?> Any pointers or
assistance is highly appreciated.

TIA