Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 1996 17:22:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      dima@best.net (Dima Ruban)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problem with *latest* sources

Hi!

I'm having problem with my -current.
Logfile attached below.
(I have all latest changes in kernel, and I've done
make world 10 minutes ago)

Any bright ideas, what's going on?

P.S. I have basically the same problem with awk and xterm.
If I compile all these program with -static
problem just "disappears". Maybe it'll help a bit.

Script started on Fri Jan 19 17:16:29 1996
[burka]-p5:1> echo xxxxx > foo
[burka]-p5:2> echo fff > bar
[burka]-p5:3> diff -c foo bar
*** foo	Fri Jan 19 17:16:39 1996
--- bar	Fri Jan 19 17:16:44 1996
***************
*** 1 ****
! xxxxx
--- 1 ----
! fff
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
[burka]-p5:4> ls -la diff.core
-rw-------  1 dima  wheel  196608 Jan 19 17:16 diff.core
[burka]-p5:5> gdb /usr/bin/diff diff.core
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.13 (i386-unknown-freebsd),
Copyright 1994 Free Software Foundation, Inc...(no debugging symbols found)...
Core was generated by `diff'.
#0  0x3d in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x3d in ?? ()