Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 20:02:05 +1100
From:      nlysaght@one.net.au
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   APSFILTER AND PRINTING

Dear Sirs.

I originally sent this letter to A. Klemm, but he asked me to send this
through here, so here goes:

On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 09:31:15PM +0800, Nicholas Lysaght wrote: > Hello
There

> I am sorry to have to report that this is the second time I have tried to
> install "apsfilter", and I think I'm making a bit of a meal of it.
>
> I am running FreeBSD V3.2 on a second primary partition, on a Pentium 200MMX,
> 32MB RAM, Quantum 6.4GB HDD of which 1.8GB is dedicated to FreeBSD and a
> Hewlett Packard DeskJet 694C printer. I am a newbie, recently coming from OS/2,
> and before that DR-DOS. I have referenced the Handbook as well as "Teach
> Yourself UNIX in 24 Hours", so please excuse me if I'm a bit green.
>
> Two days ago, after going to /usr/ports/print/apsfilter, I ran "make all clean
> install" (or the correct order you have it in), and my system was "making" for
> about 30 minutes. When I checked it, it seemed to be "looping", the same
> commands came up.
>
> When I did the same thing tonight, connection was refused.
>
> >From what I have told you, what is my status? Is it installed, half installed,
> or what has happened? I cannot get ./SETUP to run anywhere, let alone in
> /usr/sbin (where I read that's where I'm meant to run it.).
>
> Could you please tell me where I've gone wrong?
>
> Thank You
>
> Nicholas Lysaght
> Kelmscott
> Western Australia

I've now tried to "make deinstall", but it appears, it was never installed
in the first place. Is there a possibility I have strewn data files and
bits of programme around my HDD to the point where I will have to
re-install the whole partition?

Please bear with me. It's not through lack of trying.

Thank you

Nicholas Lysaght

--
Andreas Klemm                               http://people.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas