Date:      Mon, 5 Sep 2011 19:20:06 GMT
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        office@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/160481: devel/icu: Errors in total: 1. TestCompilerRTTI UObjectTest utility CLANG build failure

The following reply was made to PR ports/160481; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To: Sunpoet Po-Chuan Hsieh <sunpoet@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, office@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/160481: devel/icu: Errors in total: 1. TestCompilerRTTI
 UObjectTest utility CLANG build failure
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 21:18:25 +0200

 On 09/05/11 18:16, Sunpoet Po-Chuan Hsieh wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > The failure is not limited to clang. It will also occur if you use gcc. :)
 >
 > excerpt from ${WRKSRC}/test/intltest/uobjtest.cpp:
 >
 >      NumberFormat *nf = NumberFormat::createInstance("de", errorCode);

 >      if (&typeid(*nf) == NULL || typeid(*nf) == typeid(UObject) || typeid(*nf) == typeid(Format) ||
 >          typeid(*nf) != typeid(DecimalFormat) || typeid(*nf) == typeid(ChoiceFormat) ||
 >          typeid(*nf) == typeid(emptySet)
 >      ) {
 >          errln("typeid(NumberFormat) failed");
 >      }
 >
 > The failure was raised by typeid(*nf) != typeid(DecimalFormat).
 > However, according to [1], I think it should be ==, not !=.
 > That means you could safely ignore this. :)
 >
 > [1] http://icu-project.org/apiref/icu4c/classNumberFormat.html
 >
 > Regards,
 Hello.
 Using the legacy system's gcc 4.2, the port devel/icu compiles and
 installs without error.
 Using clang, the port is not installed properly.

 Using a portmaster -f xorg, which triggers the build of all ports
 neccessary for xorg ports
 matched by the pattern "xorg" results in a stop of the build process. I
 can not test further
 the proper build of the X11 subsystem without excluding explicitely
 devel/icu (amongst others).

 The error occured does not seem to be "obvious" to me, so reporting this
 issue by a PR seems the proper
 way.

 Can this be fixed so that clang compiles the port and portmaster
 installes the port properly?

 Regards,
 Oliver