Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:23:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>
To:        Maresa Nirwan <mnirwan@netscape.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: setting up secure web server

By "secure", do you mean "runs ssh", or do you mean "not very likely
to be broken into"? For the former, there are various version of
apache and SSL modules for it. I've not had very good luck getting
them to build on 3.0, though. For the latter, I recommend using wn (in
/usr/ports/wn). It's one of the few web browsers I know of where
security was a design consideration from the beginning, rather than an
afterthought. This makes it behave in ways that "most" web browsers
don't, and people used to them may not appreciate it.

For the others - sure, why not? Each of those can be configured
separately, and there's nothing that prevents them from all being
configured on the same machine. From a security viewpoint, it's sort
of questionable, but you asked "can", not "should."

	<mike