Date:      Sun, 12 Jan 2003 13:24:10 -0500
From:      Andrew Y Ng <ayn@AndrewNg.com>
To:        Dave McCoy <mccoy@cet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CD to MP3

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ

I just use dagrab to grab the audio cd tracks to wav's, and just convert th=
em
to shn's with shorten (i don't like MP3's, but try gogo if you wanna encode
MP3). I like this better than fancy GUI apps, if you're okay with using a
shell or writing simple scripts, u probably would prefer doing it in CLI
also...

/ayn

On  0, Dave McCoy <mccoy@cet.com> wrote:
>=20
> I have been looking for an easy way to convert music cds to mp3 files.=20
> The ports collection hasn't been much help on this subject. Does anyone=
=20
> know of a plug-in for xmms or an easy utililty to acomplish this.
>=20
> Thanks
>=20
>=20