Date:      Tue, 08 Jul 2003 18:37:56 -0400
From:      Gerard Samuel <gsam@trini0.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        des@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Mozilla 1.4/Opera 6.12 & Mime Types

In particular, application/octet-stream and application/x-shockwave-flash.
I have a php script that uploads files, checking for allowed filetypes
by its mime type.
It was put into action some months ago, and today, I notice its not
allowing flash files.
The script is looking for application/x-shockwave-flash mime types, and
Mozilla/Opera is
reporting application/octet-stream.
Konq 3/IE 6/Mozilla 1.4 (windows)/Opera 7 (windows) is reporting the
correct application/x-shockwave-flash (according to info,
I found around the net)
Im wondering if there are any known problems with the FreeBSD builds of
mozilla and Opera
with respect to reporting a file's mime type?

Any pointers/tips would be welcome.
Thanks...