Date:      Wed, 22 Jun 2005 05:40:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Kamal R. Prasad" <kamalpr@yahoo.com>
To:        Peter Edwards <peadar.edwards@gmail.com>, Charles Sprickman <spork@fasttrackmonkey.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nagios and threads

[snip]
> at least some assumptions that the child won't be
> doing much before
> execing or exiting. (But Im sure one of the

The child process should be able to call any system
calls it likes -without assuming that pthreads from
the parent process have been copied over to the child
process. I spose most implementations support that.

regards
-kamal

Kamal R. Prasad
UNIX systems consultant
http://members.fortunecity.com/kamalp
kamalp@acm.org

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.