Date:      Tue, 08 Sep 1998 18:03:48 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), oppermann@pipeline.ch, ben@rosengart.com, mike@smith.net.au, doconnor@gsoft.com.au, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: 6 days to C-DAY

> > > Utter bilge.
> >
> > Ummm.  What the hell is this doing in -current?
>
> Mike gave the rationale for not fixing something under CAM that used
> to work without CAM as "if you are doing this, you are pirating music,
> so there's no reason to fix this anyway".
>
> While including a smiley, it seemed an attempt to chagrin the questioner
> out of asking for what I believe is a perfectly reasoanble functionality
> for the CAM driver, to wit: support for, minimally, SCSI II audio data
> reading.

Utter bilge.

The intention of the message was to point out in context that the
problem was one which was likely to receive low priority right now,
given its limited practical applications.

In wishing to comment on the topic, you should be aware that the matter
is actually under consideration, and that the original plaintiff and I
are acquainted and have substantial context outside of the conversation
in question.