Date:      Thu, 08 Mar 2007 22:54:57 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andras_G=F3t?= <andrej@antiszoc.hu>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: any success with new sun "M2" product variant for X4100 and X2100

Hi,

We'are using an x2100m2 with FreeBSD6.2. On the ethernet side, the
x2100m2 has two bge iface. On the original x2100 the bge iface works
fine for me. On the M2 x2100 try ONLY FreeBSD 6.2, because 6.1 will be
terribly slow. The x2100m2 has two sata2 disk bays, where you can insert
almost any normal sata2 hdd-s. I had very big problems, with the orig
x2100 satahalfhwraid on freebsd, i suggest you shoud avoid that. The
hdd-s work fine without the hwraid (ataraid) and gmirror does the job
nicely.

Regards,
Andras