Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 1995 23:12:29 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Let's make the packages/ dir look clean!

> I'm not sure how we can go about doing this, as there isn't any
> information about the category name in the Makefiles right now.  We
> can try to get it from ${.CURDIR}, but the parent directory name is
> not necessarily the category name (e.g., if you "cvs co" the port).
> The only way I can think of implementing this is to add a new variable
> to all the port Makefiles, which is of course not too hard.

Yeah, I played around with different methods of extracting it from
the path then just gave up.  I would recommend a CATAGORIES variable,
the results of which can be used to symlink a reference in to the
port in various ways.

E.g. xsysstat might be:

CATAGORIES=	x11 utility system

And you'd see it in each.