Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:10:03 +0000
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        Hiten Pandya <hiten@angelica.unixdaemons.com>, "Vladimir B.  Grebenschikov" <vova@sw.ru>, "current@freebsd.org" <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: MD broken in current

In message <20021127181557.V6874-100000@gamplex.bde.org>, Bruce Evans writes:
>Better fix mddestroy().  I don't know why it hangs ... I guess it is
>because it is called before initialization is completed in mdinit(),
>and there aren't enough state checks in mddestroy().

I think moving the line

	tsleep(sc, PRIBIO, "mdwait", 0);

to just after the following `if' statement may do the trick. If the
wakeup() from mddestroy() comes in before md_kthread() gets to the
main loop, then it would be missed. I think jhb posted a better way
of synchronising with kthreads during their destruction, but I
haven't found the time to look into that yet.

Ian