Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 97 10:16:31 Pacific Standard Time
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz"  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
To:        Giles Lean  <giles@nemeton.com.au>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Emulation of HP-UX or A*X?

> On Wed, 15 Jan 97 17:07:25 Pacific Standard Time  "Sean J. Schluntz" wrote:
>
> > Does FreeBSD have emulation for HP-UX, AIX, AUX or SunOS.
>
> None of these run on x86 platforms.  Emulation in that case involves
> emulation of a different processor, which is slow and which the
> current emulator doesn't attempt to provide support for.
>
> NetBSD is able to emulate some of these on appropriate hardware
> (i.e. where the processor matches!).

Well, I know that IBM makes AIX (Or AUX, Apple Makes the other.)  Oh well,
which ever IBM makes is compatible with the x86 platform.  You can even get it
on some of the Notebooks (PPC and x86).  Do you know what type of Unix this
is?  And how hard would it be to emulate that one.

-Sean
Sean J. Schluntz                                  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
Manager, Support Services                        ph. 408.997.6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation                    fx. 408.323.2300
6155 Almaden Expressway, Suite 100
San Jose, CA.  95120                             http://www.pinpt.com/

Local Time Sent: 01/16/97 10:16:31