Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 2009 23:03:54 +0100
From:      Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu>
To:        Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where do I find instructions on how to configure sane-epkowa

On 2009-12-30 19:58, Roland Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 06:48:56PM +0100, Leslie Jensen wrote:
>> I'm at the point where sane-find-scanner detects my scanner but
>> scanimage cannot find it.
>>
>> I know I must use the sane-epkowa backend.
>>
>> I've edited the /usr/local/etc/sane.d/epkowa.conf but I think I need to
>> make sane aware of the epkowa backend.
>
> Put a line
>
> epkowa
>
> in /usr/local/etc/sane.d/dll.conf

It's already there

> Put the vendor and device-id you get from sane-find-scanner in epkowa.conf

I did it before I posted this question.

> Roland

When I was running 7.2 I had found a way to make it work.

First I added the product in /sys/dev/usb/usbdevs then the same
information had to be added in /sys/dev/usb/uscanner.c then I had to
recompile the kernel, build and install it. The scanner would then be found.

Now on 8.0 I can't find uscanner.c so there must be another way to
handle it.

/Leslie