Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 16:49:52 +0100
From:      danny@i-p-d.nl
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   dd + larger disk

First of all dd works fine.

To make things more interesting: I have some machines with a 10
GB harddisk. I do a dd to a 30 GB harddisk. The system works,
but only as a 10 GB harddisk. (all are dangerous created disks)

When I try to add a slice and reboot (I do set the original slice as
bootable), I get the message that the partition doesn't work.

When I set the disk as second behind the original one, I can delete
the slice and boot again from the new disk. I just can't get the
20GB diskspace working.

I hope anyone can help me!

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Danny Zwegers