Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 2002 08:43:32 -0400
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Antoine Beaupre <anarcat@anarcat.ath.cx>
Cc:        Lawrence Sica <lomifeh@earthlink.net>, Eli Dart <dart@nersc.gov>, freebsd-security <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Anti virus software for FreeBSD ...

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 01:23:53PM -0400, Antoine Beaupre wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 4, 2002, at 01:13 PM, Lawrence Sica wrote:
> > On 09/04/02 12:49 PM, "Eli Dart" <dart@nersc.gov> wrote:
> >> Is anyone interested in writing a FAQ entry about this?  It looks
> >> like there are several people in this discussion with the experience
> >> to do it....
> >>
> > I'm up for it, I can dig out my old article for the freebsdzine that I
> > wrote
> > about a year ago, it would need updating but I'd be up for it.
>
> Please, please, please do! :)
>
> Just submit a PR as a patch to the faq doc or something.

</me puts on FAQ hat>

First of all, let me encourage you to do this in the strongest
possible terms.

Second, a word on the FAQ: We're trying very hard to rip all tutorials
out of the FAQ and decrease its size.  If you have a brief bit on
antivirus, i.e., "look here, and here, and here," that's perfect FAQ
material.  If you want to take an old tutorial and rewrite it for the
docproj, we'll take that too.  But it should go in the Handbook instead.

Just FYI; don't want you to have to redo any work.  :-)

==ml

--
Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/q/Big_Scary_Daemons