Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 1997 10:13:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        matt@junior.portal.net.au (Matt Baker)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: two MPD links

Matt Baker writes:

> I was wondering if anyone had experimented with the following:
>
> Location A
>   |  |
>   |  | (duel link mpd)
>   |  |
> Location B
>   |    (single or duel link mpd)
> Location C
>

> I have working Location A to Location B okay, and it's working very well.
> But, I'm having some problems understanding hwo to config the MPD running
> at Location B to handle the two different bundles.
> Do I need to run two copies of MPD? (each talking to a different bundle)
> or is there some way of getting MPD to loook after two different bundles?

You should be able to do this with a single mpd process, or you could
use two of them also. In the first case:

mpd.conf (rough sketch)
-----------------------

default:
	load locationA
	load locationB

locationA:
	new -i tun0 locA a1 a2

locationB:
	new -i tun1 locB b1

I haven't done a whole lot of testing of multiple bundles, so there
could be some embedded bugs in there... :-)

-Archie