Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 1996 18:48:03 GMT
From:      darredge@iaccess.com.au (Darren Edgerton)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with extracting from DOS

G'day,

i have recently purchased and installed FreeBSD 2.1.0 on my PC.

when i installed, i had to install from DOS as it did not recognize my CD.
ok i can live with that.

i did a minimum install, just to test the water and that went ok.
i even installed the os-bs multi boot software and that works fine
i can boot DOS or FreeBSD easily.

my problem is that i now want to install more of the distributions from the CD
but its not working.

this is what i have done.

xcopy /s d:\dists\dict c:\freebsd\dict
boot FreeBSD
/stand/sysinstall
select Custom
select Media (DOS)
select Distributions
select Custom
select dict
select Extract

after 60 seconds or so i get:
        failed to retrieve piece file dict/dict.aa!
        Aborting the transfer

Please Help !

I was able to install the Manpages using floppies but this is painful,
i must be doing something wrong and would appreciate some help.

thanks in advance

Darren Edgerton