Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:21:25 -0700
From:      Jim Mock <jim@jmock.com>
To:        Noor Dawod <noor@comrax.com>
Subject:   Re: Fonts under FreeBSD

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 at 20:48:42 +0200, Noor Dawod wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> How can I transform Windows TTFs to be available under FreeBSD?

I don't know that you can, but you *can* use TTF fonts under FreeBSD.

> I understand that there are several ways of saving fonts under
> FreeBSD, and I don't know what they are. Before I start reading about
> this, I wanted to know if it's possible to transform Windows TTF fonts
> to FreeBSD font format.

Install /usr/ports/x11-servers/Xfstt, then put the TTFs in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType.  Then do the following:

    # xfstt --sync
    # xfstt &
    # xset fp+ unix/:7101

You should be able to use them after doing that (at least, that's worked
for me in the past :-)

- jim

--
jim mock <jim@jmock.com>        work: jim@osd.bsdi.com | jim@FreeBSD.org