Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:54:34 -0400
From:      Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports List <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Ports/41582 (X)MedCon

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 04:49:22PM +0200, Paul Everlund wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I'm only subscribed to freebsd-questions and freebsd-hackers,
>so please CC me.
>
>I wonder who wants to pick up the port mentioned in the subject
>line? If no one does, is there something else I can do than just
>sit and wait? I know I did post it 12th of August, but how long
>should I expect it to take? I'm just a bit curious.

Bear in mind that many ports committers are still uni students, and are
just returning to school or have just done so.

Those of us of the kde project have our hands full, so I can't volunteer
to help you.

The best thing I can suggest is that you be patient a while longer.
Remember, someone who picks up a new port or update needs to understand
it well enough to take responsibility for the commit. If this is a
specialized application, finding that someone may be more difficult.

Thanks, Paul. Hang in there.

--
AlanE
KDE-FreeBSD Team (http://freebsd.kde.org/)