Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2000 18:51:19 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Edward Shabotinsky <lanshark@matrix.core.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   device ft0

Hi guys
Iam having a trouble to add device ft0
ok here is thing: I compile a kernel with 'device ft0'
Here is that part:

# Floppy drives
device          fdc0    at isa? port IO_FD1 irq 6 drq 2 flags 0x1
device          fd0     at fdc0 drive 0
#device         fd1     at fdc0 drive 1
device          ft0     at fdc0 drive 1

it's compiled, but before gave me a message that ft0 doesn't exist :-(
so i compiled anyway.
installed > rebooted> of course didn't find 'ft0'
but here is a problem when i went to /dev and try to add a device it's
saying thant it's not there :-( ?
what am i doing wrong?
I am trying to add a floppy tape drive QIC 40/80
Please help
thanks.

Edward_Shabotinsky (aka LanShark)

lanshark@matrix.core.com