Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 1999 12:24:26 -0500
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        "'A.G. Russell IV'" <arussell@bifrost.agrknives.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: install problems with 3.X on AT motherboards...

This is in the errata for 3.2.  Take a look at
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/3.2R/errata.html

Alternatively, this is corrected in 3.3.

-Chris

<<From 3.2 Errata>>

	o While booting the install floppy, user sees the following message
	  and nothing seems to happen, nor can anything be entered from the
keyboard:

	     Keyboard: no

	Fix: Due to a lack of space, full support for old XT/AT (84-key)
keyboards
	     is no longer available in the bootblocks.  Some notebook
computers may
	     also have this type of keyboard and if you are still using this
kind of
	     hardware, you will see the above message about no keyboard
being found
	     when you boot from an installation CD-ROM or floppy.

	     As soon as you see the message, hit the space bar and you will
see
	     the following prompt:

	       >> FreeBSD/i386 BOOT
	       Default: x:xx(x,x)/boot/loader
	       boot:

	     Then enter `-Dh', and things should proceed normally with your
keyboard
	     type.  This only happens once at initial installation time and
will
	     not be a problem afterwards.