Date:      Sat, 15 Jan 2005 19:30:54 -0600
From:      Eric F Crist <ecrist@secure-computing.net>
To:        Nagilum <freebsd@nagilum.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Network monitoring software

--Apple-Mail-3-830319351

On Jan 15, 2005, at 3:28 PM, Nagilum wrote:

> Try:
> systat -if
> for a start, regards,
> Alex.
>
> freebsduser@comcast.net wrote:
>
>> Hiya folks, I'm looking for some network monitoring software. I've
>> tried zabbix and jffnms but neither of them functioned after being
>> configured or installing.
>>
>> If anybody has any success stories I would like to hear about any of
>> them so I can look at other packages in ports net and net-mgmt.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> ~Kris

Kris,

You aren't being very specific as to what type of monitoring you want
to do.  There are utilities out there such as portsentry which monitor
for specific types of activity, and utilities like ethereal that sniff
network packets.

Perhaps more information from you would be beneficial.

Eric F Crist                  "I am so smart, S.M.R.T!"
Secure Computing Networks              -Homer J Simpson

--Apple-Mail-3-830319351
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-3-830319351--