Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 15:16:39 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Stefan Parvu <sparvu@cc.hut.fi>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3C589B slow

Hi all,

I have a laptop running FreeBSD 4.3 - RELEASE
The ep0 is a 3C589B PCMCIA NIC which is running really slow in
performance.

ping to our internal Nameserver get results of 2000ms , when under Windows
or NetBSD the same NIC reports speeds in 1ms or so :(

Now, are any specific notes regarding 3C589B/FreeBSD model since I have
not got
any problems with D model.
ping to local ip address is ok and fast. traceroute is also delayed a lot.

Some ideas ?

the NIC is configured as irq3 and the kernel has nothing special in it as
ipfilter, ipfw ...