Date:      Tue, 7 May 2002 07:13:54 +0200
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Advanced Networking Question

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 07:31:16PM +0200, Alex Dupre wrote:
> Michael Lucas wrote:
> >You might say, "in a similar manner to a bridge."
>
> I don't see many similarities. A bridge is a bridge, a router is a router,
> both can do packet filtering, but it isn't enough.

Exactly.  FreeBSD can act as a bridge in such a situation (that is the
reason for the bridging code maintained by Luigi(?)), but if you are
filtering packets, you are at layer 3.  A bridge is layer 2 device
that handles frames.

> >I also really dislike the capitalization of Bridge.
>
> I agree.

Count me in.

/s/Udo
--
Tell init to lock and load - we're going zombie slaying