Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 2002 14:49:48 -0500
From:      "Jimi Thompson" <jimit@prodigy.net>
To:        "John" <jwd@bsdwins.com>, <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Config Out of Date

This would be lovely if the mergemaster command wouldn't die with a core
dump.  It tries to start building openssl and then I get this:

PID 7343 (sh) uid0; exited on signal 12 (core dump)

Bad System Call (core dumped)

***Error code 140

Stop in /usr/src/etc.

***FATAL ERROR:  Cannot cd to /usr/src/etc and install files to the temproot
environment

I've verified that /usr/src/etc exists and that the permissions are correct.
That's why I wanted to install the kernel only, since the rest of the OS
appears to be having issues, at least on my box.    My "mergemaster" doesn't
list a "-p" as a valid option either and typing it in doesn't work.

Thanks,

Jimi