Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:53:13 +0100
From:      Simon Barner <barner@gmx.de>
To:        Rob <spamrefuse@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Device polling for xl(4) (was: Re: ULE status)

--YH9Qf6Fh2G5kB/85

[ Cc'ing Bill Paul, the author of the xl(4) driver ]

> Also, as far as I understand, some extra boost comes
> from using polling the devices; however, not all
> devices do support this yet.
>=20
> I use SMP (dual intel CPUs) with if_xl lan card,
> but I can't use polling with this device.
>=20
> ULE + polling would be a great performance gain,
> I believe.
>=20
> Any plans of extending polling support to more
> devices?

Are there any hidden obstacles that prevent xl(4) to be extended with
polling support? Otherwise, if it's rather straightforward to do
(taking a driver already supporting polling(4)), I could try it starting
=66rom the end of February. But, I guess if it were so easy, somebody else
would have already done it...

Simon

--YH9Qf6Fh2G5kB/85

--YH9Qf6Fh2G5kB/85--