Date:      Wed, 02 Apr 1997 23:14:50 -0800
From:      Rune Imp <runeimp@wonderd.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing 2.2.1

I'm haveing problems installing 2.2.1 FreeBSD from a DOS Partition.
After booting from the Boot Disk and starting an X-user Novice install
and letting it go for a bit I get:

VTY1:
Error mounting DOS Partition /dev/wd1s1 : Invalid argument (22)

VTY2:
/mnt/etc
/mnt/etc/protocols
/mnt/etc/sysconfig
/mnt/etc/services
23 blocks
DEBUG: Generating /etc/fstab file
DEBUG: Switching back to VTY1

My system is setup as such:
486DX4-120 24Mb RAM VL-Bus EIDE & Floppy Controller.
Trident 9440 AGi 2Mb VL-Bus display card.
IDE CD-ROM 4X.
Turtle Beach Monte Carlo (Sound Blaster Pro emulator).

Primary Master:		Primary Slave:
Seagate 2.1 Gb		Maxtor 540-AT (504 Mb)

OS/2 Boot Manager---	1 Mb	F: DOS-------	504 Mb
FreeBSD-------------	250 Mb
C: DOS/Windows------	1 Gb
D: DOS--------------	500 Mb
E: DOS--------------	350 Mb (or so)

The Maxtor originaly had two partitions a 300Mb DOS & 204Mb OS/2.
But I took out the OS/2 in an attempt to fix the install problem.

Under the F: drive I have:
/freebsd/bin ------>	16.7 Mb of files
/freebsd/floppies -> 4.21 Mb of files
/freebsd/xfree86 -->	12.5 Mb of files

Am I missing something?
/dev/wd1s1 is the F: drive is it not?
I got the files via ftp.
Is it possible 1 or more of them are corrupted & that's why the
install fails?
Also I have installed FreeBSD 2.1.? succesfully several months ago.
That install has been deleted now though.