Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2001 08:40:19 -0800
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        setantae <setantae@submonkey.net>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: indexterm

--R6sEYoIZpp9JErk7

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 03:30:59PM +0000, setantae wrote:
> Can I use anything I like within indexterm ?

<seealso>.  See http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/indexterm.html for
the complete semantics.

  Inside those tags you can use additional markup, such as <command>
so that we could perhaps have commands followed by ", command" in
the index as is popular in some American technical books (and Greg
Lehey's Complete FreeBSD).

> For example, if the below was committed :
>=20
> 	<indexterm>
> 	  <primary>Foo</primary>
> 	  <secondary>Bar</secondary>
> 	  <secondary>Quux</secondary>
> 	</indexterm>
>=20
> would it break anything ?

  You could always just try. ;)  I don't think this will validate.
You need a separate indexterm/primary for each secondary.  Even if
that primary is identical.

     - Murray

--R6sEYoIZpp9JErk7

--R6sEYoIZpp9JErk7--