Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:37:57 -0300 (BRT)
From:      Paulo Fragoso <paulo@nlink.com.br>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Alexandr Kovalenko <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>, Gavin Atkinson <gavin@ury.york.ac.uk>, Michiel Boland <boland@alexander.diva.nl>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: 4.6-RELEASE -> 4.5-RELENG

Oi,

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Doug Barton wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Paulo Fragoso wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Alexandr Kovalenko wrote:
> >
> > > You also should update your MAKEDEV script with mergemaster.
> > > And to sh MAKEDEV all again. Device minor/major numbers was changed with
> > > ata(4) MFC.
> >
> > After we redid all following this steps:
> >
> > make buildworld
> > make installworld
> > make buildkernel KERNCONF=KERNEL6
> > make installkernel KERNCONF=KERNEL6
> > mergemaster -a
> > cd /dev && sh MAKEDEV all
>
> mergemaster -a doesn't actually install anything for you. Did you go back
> and install the new files by hand?

Our /dev/MAKEDEV wasn't modified after first make installworld so we've
decided rebuild everything again and to run mergemaster too (thanks to
Alexandr Kovalenko). This way our MAKEDEV script is ok now and after run
MAKEDEV all our CDROM device has returned to work fine.

Thanks,
Paulo.

ps.: we was upgrading from 4.4-RELEASE to 4.6-RELEASE

> --
>    "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
>       And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
> 	- George W. Bush, President of the United States
>           State of the Union, January 28, 2002

   __O
 _-\<,_     Why drive when you can bike?
(_)/ (_)