Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:06:02 -0500
From:      hawk <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   where is Release Name stored?

I thought I could live with this a few weeks until my workstation
comes, but now it seems I'm dealing with a few months . . .

Where is the Release Name stored for /stand/sysinstall?  I've
grepped through /etc/*, /etc/*/*, /stand/*, and /stand/*

Somehow or another, it has gotten the idea that the release is 4.2-STABLE
(which doesn't exist).  Every time I want to work with the ports, I have
to change it to 4.x-Stable.  Config save is set to yes,
but it it doesn't save this.

hawk