Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 22:24:10 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        stefanos@e-scape.net
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, -kevin- <kathey@pobox.com>
Subject:   Re: State of the union, 1999.

Kiakas wrote:

>         Let's think of this issue from a small business point of view.
> Does the owner want to deal with the PR mess if some one starts spreading
> rumors about devil worshipping at the company because they use FreeBSD?

I've got a better idea.  Let's look at this from the point of view
that it has been discussed over and over again before, long before
you crowd of newbies ever flocked in here, and

	WE'RE NOT GOING TO GET RID OF THE DAEMON!

If a company doesn't want to use the most stable, reliable operating
system on the planet because they're afraid someone might call them
a devil-worshipper, they're just going to have to live with that
decision.

	WE'RE NOT GOING TO GET RID OF THE DAEMON!

Any of you who really don't like this are perfectly free to take the
FreeBSD source tree and go off and start your own AngelOS project.
Adopt whatever you want for a mascot, attempt whatever feats of
marketing and engineering prowess you feel are necessary, do whatever
you want with your distributions.  The BSD license allows you to do
this.  To get some glimmer of how important this point is, consider
the fact that ALL THREE free BSD projects use various forms of the
daemon as their logo.

So, to sum it all up,

	WE'RE NOT GOING TO GET RID OF THE DAEMON!

If anyone has any questions, I first want you to carefully consider
which part of

	WE'RE NOT GOING TO GET RID OF THE DAEMON!

didn't you understand?