Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 2000 23:22:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bryan Liesner <bleez@bellatlantic.net>
To:        Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Greg Work <Greg@fatcanary.com.au>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AMD K6-2 / 550

On Sat, 1 Jul 2000, Larry Rosenman wrote:

>Let's put it this way, I've posted a NUMBER of items to the -stable list
>over the last 2-4 weeks as I've fought this one.  I can't get a
>CPU/BIOS/MB with a K6-2/550 on it to SUCCESSFULLY/RELIABLY make world.
>
>I'm tired of fighting it.

It's got to be flaky hardware somewhwere, Larry.  I'm running an AMD
K6-2/500 here on a Soyo Super 7 motherboard with a single 128M stick
of SDRAM.  I just finished a make world today (1hr 20m total time) and
it never gave me so much as a hiccup.  I usually make world once a
week around this time and it has never failed on this configuration.