Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 15:32:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        jamie@itribe.net
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG, Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
Subject:   Re: Microsoft brainrot (was: r-cmds and DNS and /etc/host.conf)

In localhost.freebsd.chat Jamie Bowden writes:
>On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, Wes Peters wrote:
>> How many of the following features does Lynx currently support?
>>
>>  [ ] HTML 2.0 Forms.
>>
>>  [ ] Secure document communication via SSL.
>>
>>  [ ] Local server communication via a UNIX-domain socket.

>None.  I said gaining, not has. :)  It is annoying that lynx can't hadle
>tables well enough to move around in them, but the point was that it works
>on anything from a serial terminal to X.

1 is the radiobuttion/checkbox/dropdown list/textarea <FORM></FORM>
thingy, right?

I'm pretty sure that Lynx does 1 and 2 already, and can be easily
hacked to do 3 (it has a mode that lets you run local code as a cgi,
which means that Unix-domain sockets should only be a few lines of
code away).

Table support is still horrid, and frames are somewhat annoying (but
they work -- you can navigate them, but you only see 1 frame at a
time).

--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/