Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 21:38:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Craig Shaver" <craig@ProGroup.COM>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Telnet Misconfigured?

> Greetings.
>
> I'm having trouble, once again, getting telnet to function. I had this
> problem once before, but lost the installation before I documented what I
> had done to solve it. (Duh!)
>
> What is happening, is telnets into this machine are connecting, but are not
> alowing me to login. Usually, this is manifest by two identification lines,
> followed by two login: prompts. However, before you can attempt to login, it
> disconnects. Occasionally, it tells me that login_tty is denied.

I am trying to telnet to my freebsd box over the net and I am not connecting
at all.  It just times out.  I can telnet to a slowaris box on the same net
as the bsd box and then rlogin to the bsd box.  Does telnet need to be
enabled or configured in some way on the freebsd system?

Thanks,

--
Craig Shaver  (craig@progroup.com) (415)390-0654
Productivity Group POB 60458 Sunnyvale, CA  94088