Date:      Fri, 23 Oct 1998 11:58:01 -0500
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@webwizard.org.mx>
To:        Zach Heilig <zach@gaffaneys.com>
Cc:        conrads@neosoft.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wow! Linux emulation in 3.0 is fantastic!

Zach Heilig wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 23, 1998 at 10:40:12AM -0500, Edwin Culp wrote:
> > Are you running an elf kernel?  If so how do you load the linux_mod.o?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> [ make sure your system is post-3.0 release ]
> # cd /sys/modules
> # make obj
> # make depend
> # make
> # make install
> # kldload /modules/linux.ko
> [ I don't think modules are built by default ]

Exellent information,  Zach.  Thanks a lot.  Everything built fine the module
seemed to load (acording to kldstat ), so we are  advancing.  Netscape first
doesn't find

ELF interpreter /lib/ld-linux.so.1 not found

I did a ln -s /usr/compat/linux/lib /lib
and it tried to run but I got a

Memory fault (core dumped)

Back to the old drawing board :-), but this time with a pocket full of kld
modules,  Thanks a lot

ed