Date:      Thu, 03 Apr 1997 02:26:20 EST
From:      n9ogk@juno.com (Jack W Doyle)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: big problem..

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997 16:40:07 -0800 (PST) Doug White
<dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu> writes:

<snip>
>Uh oh.  :(  When you mounted the DOS partition, you didn't by chance
>get
>the message:
>
>Warning:  root is not a multiple of clustersize in length
>
>or something like that.  You should have stopped immediately and not
>touched either partition. Unfortunately, you got bit by the bug. :(
>There
>isn't much we can do for you.  You can try fetching the fixit floppy
>and
>rebuilding the disklabel, but if it hit the kernel then the damage may
>be
>fairly extensive.
>
>> want to loose the setup I had.. took awhile to get it to where I
>liked it
>> and everything was working..
>
>I know; I hate that.
>
>Doug White                              | University of Oregon
>Internet:  dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu    | Residence Networking
>Assistant
>http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dwhite    | Computer Science Major

Man...  isn't this the shits? :P  My FreeBSD side got toasted so bad that
even fixit wasn't able to get it fixed AT ALL.  If I had gotten this
e-mail message _before_ it got wiped, then I would've been safe.  It
happened not _one_ hour before I actually got this message :P

Now I gotta do it alllll over again!  This happened when I tried to run
wine to see if I could get it to run M$ stuff... ain't gonna touch that
again!

Jack

You know you've been using UNIX enough when:
* You remember UNIX commands faster than those for DOS.
* You try to configure Win95 the same way you try to configure your X
window manager.
* Someone asks you what wordproc you use and you reply 'vi' (or your
favorite text editor).
* You type 'ls -a' instead of 'dir /w' in DOS.