Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 2015 14:14:07 +0000
From:      "C.L. Martinez" <carlopmart@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Equivalnet options between pf_ring and netmap

On 03/25/2015 02:03 PM, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> perhaps it is easier to tell if you explain what those pf_ring options do.
> i am puzzled by the question on disabling tx,  because if you do not
> want to transmit, you just... don't!

Ok, I will try to explain it ... I am doing some tests with this FreeBSD
kvm guest to act as a IDS.

After changing some kernel network related options like
net.inet.tcp.recvspace, net.inet.tcp.sendspace,
net.inet.tcp.sendbuf_max, etc ... I am loosing too much packets ... Yes
I know it: due to I am using this freebsd host as a virtualized guest I
can't expect really good results ... but I have another linux
virtualized host using pf_ring, and I don't lose too much packets. The
main difference is that in the linux server I configured
"enable_tx_capture=0" and "min_num_slots=65535" in pf_ring's module.

For this reason, I am thinking if it is possible to accomplish same or
similar type of configuration in netmap ...