Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2000 09:12:37 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Johan Larsson <johan@ludd.luth.se>
To:        Donny Lee <donny@corebit.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Mobile <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Netgear FA410TX device time out

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Donny Lee wrote:

> Johan Larsson wrote:
> > > Until the driver is updated, you'll need the faselect program
> > > mentioned in the archives to make the FA410TX work.
> > The fa_select program also works on the D-Link DFE-650 Rev. D1.
> > Which also has the problem with device timeout.
>
>   Hi there,
>
>   where can i find the fa_select program and doc? I'd like to
>   give it a try with my D-Link DFE-650.

http://webperso.easynet.fr/fonvi/fa410tx.html or
http://www.freebsddiary.org/last-netgear.html

Don't bother about the first section(bad mac address detection), you only
need to use the fa_select program to force speed selection.

You do get "ed: device timeout."? Because if you don't you probably need
to change the pccardd flags. Mine are (running on a thinkpad 570).

pccardd_flags="-i 5 -i 11"
pccardd_mem="0xd4000"

>   BTW, will the program work for 5.0-C?

I don't know, but i don't see why it shouldn't.

        Johan