Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 1997 00:13:40 GMT
From:      mouth@ibm.net (John Kelly)
To:        Jason Korkin <thekork@xtdl.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Configuring a LinkSys Ethernet Card

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997 16:22:53 -0400, Jason Korkin <thekork@xtdl.com>
wrote:

>I am trying to install a Linksys 10-Base-T ethernet card. It is NE2000
>compatible, and it resides at IRQ 11, at 0x280-0x29f.  I cannot get the
>kernel config to recongize it, nor if I rebuild the kernel... Any
>thoughts?

I ran one of those Linksys cards as NE2000 with IRQ 11 and 0x200.  It
worked fine.  Perhaps you have a bad card, a hardware conflict,  or
some other incompatibiliy.

I'm not using the Linksys card anymore because I found SMC Ultra 16's
at auction for an incredible price, and I have more than 100 SMC cards
now.  Enough to plant my web farm!

John