Date:      Mon, 04 Mar 2002 20:40:48 -0500
From:      Jud <jud@operamail.com>
To:        Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>, mpd <mpd6334@cs.rit.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Opera freezes on startup

3/3/2002 10:15:09 AM, mpd <mpd6334@cs.rit.edu> wrote:

>On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 04:01:33PM +0000, Peter Ulrich Kruppa
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I installed the Opera port on this weekends -STABLE and when I
>> try to start it, it freezes on downloading operas start page.
>>
>> Can anything be done?
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Uli.
>>

>If you installed Opera TP3 (The name on the port is
>linux-opera-6.0.20020110.1,) then this is a known problem.
>An updated port skeleton was committed recently, and it
>fixed the problem for me.
>
>mike

I've had the same problem with both TP3 and B1 - document loads 99-
100%, but images take forever to finish loading (several minutes at
least on my 26.4k dialup).  Is this what each of you saw?  Mike, did
anything else change between TP3 and B1?  Peter?  I'm just trying to
narrow down in my own mind what could possibly be causing the
problem.  It does seem to affect FBSD users disproportionately to Linux
users, from what I've seen here and in the opera.linux newsgroup.

Jud

P.S.  A few config facts, FWIW: 4.5-stable (built world last night); tried
Linuxulators 6.1 & 7.1; XFree 4.1.12, 1 (IIRC); Fluxbox & IceWM as
window managers.