Date:      Sat, 8 Feb 1997 04:38:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      vrick <vrick@loa.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ping

Hi all,
I have a question.
On my FreeBSD system pinging localhost with 56 data bytes packets I have
times areound 2-3 ms, while on the system of my friend (I installed
the FreeBSD on his PC) the ping statistic gives time around 0.5- 0.8 ms

How come on my system the time for each packet sent to localhost is so high?
It does not look normal at all, I guess it.
No data packets are lost but the times are like I told you before.
Have you got any suggestion for this problem?

thanks and bye

Rick