Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 1996 08:17:22 -0500
From:      Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
To:        louie@TransSys.COM
Cc:        jonas@mcs.com, jonas@mcs.net, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ADSL/HDSL

. From: "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
.
. > Umm... I beleive a 3002 circuit is a standard analog leased line.  It is
. > still a switched circuit.  This is not a ``dry circuit''.
.
. Huh?  A 3002 circuit is not a switched circuit; it's a private line
. between two end points.  It may not be a dry copper circuit; after
. all, it'a an analog leased line and there could be loading coils on it
. or it might be muxed up on a T1 carrier facility for transport through
. a channel bank.  But it doesn't go through a CO switch; it runs over
. dedicated facilities.

Yes.  You are indeed correct.  I think what I was thinking of is
that there are still electronics (or could be) in a 3002 circuit.
In any case, for the A/S/HDSL stuff, you just want dry circuits.

I think I also mentioned that you will want the length of the
circuit in k-miles.  Well, while k-miles can be converted, I think
you want the circuit length in k-ft.

As Louis suggested, getting an ISP involved with the discussions
on this would be most helpful for both parties.

	-Jim