Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 14:22:32 +0100
From:      Jessie Floyd <floyds@gruenewald.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Serial port installation

    I have been looking for a manual or reference to help me set up my
laptop with Free BSD.  The only feasible way to install the complete
system to my laptop is via the serial port. There are several questions
in the FAQ but no step by step instructions.  I am new to the Unix o/s
and need a resource to help with the install.  I have a desk top with
freebsd on it and a 486dx laptop that I want to "hack" on. How do I
configure my desk top and my laptop (with the minimal install of Free
BSD) to net work threw the serial port so I can install the complete
o/s?

Thank you

Jessie Floyd