Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 2003 02:27:33 -0800
From:      "admin" <admin2@enabled.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: collecting pv entries -- suggest increasing PMAP_SHPGPERPROC

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 21:44:20 +0100, Markie wrote
> Hi,
>
> I have had this error once before, though it seemed to freeze/panic the
> machine, I think it may have been related to Apache or PHP since I
> was doing a 'stress test' at the time. I would guess that you can up
> PMAP_SHPGPERPROC in the kernel, perhaps a sysctl.

Hi,

looks like the box is stressing out here.  Does anybody know some magic
numbers to set in the kernel to handle this situation?  Any good web sites on
the matter?

I have 512MB in the box.  I should be able to map more virtual memory but just
dont know how?

- noah