Date:      Sun, 21 Jun 1998 20:55:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      CyberPeasant <djv@bedford.net>
To:        jgarcia@brokersys.com (JGarcia)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installing freebsd over another linux app

JGarcia wrote:
> I was told to start using redhat 5.0 that someone installed on
> my pc.  I am more interested in installing FreeBSD and want to know
> since I am running ms windows95 and have a dos partion can I just
> go into windows explorer and then  delete the RedHat folder and
> then re-install the FreeBSD operationg system in place of redhat.

No. This isn't really how it's done.

> 	Please let me know if this is possible instead of re formatting the HD
> and re installing win95 and then FreeBSD?

It should not be necessary to re-install anything, assuming that you
have a disk partition free for FreeBSD. See the webpage www.freebsd.org
for details. In the general case, though, you may have to reformat
(i.e. repartition) the harddisk.

By the way, FreeBSD and Linux are unrelated projects.

Dave
--
http://www.microsoft.com/security: `Microsoft Windows NT Server is the most
                  secure network operating system available.'