Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 12:37:39 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
To:        "Paulius Bulotas" <paulius@kaktusas.org>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: installing minimal freebsd

I installed FreeBSD as whatever the default was supposed to be, and the only
things it set up were moused (because I have a mouse, I suppose), httpd, indetd,
syslogd, sendmail, cron, telnetd, and usbd (because there is a USB interface on
the machine, I presume), as I recall.  All of the processes put together use
less than 0.3% of the machine.  Compared to the incredible truckload of junk
that any Windows installation starts up (especially NT/2000 installations), this
was quite a breath of fresh air.