Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 1995 13:24:40 -0400
From:      IZD@aol.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Installiation Error

I just received by FreeBSD 2.0 CD-ROM and began to install it.  Everything
went fine untill the end (where else) I received a panic error "Panic: cannot
mount root".  Any suggestions?

I am using a 486 with a Mitsumi CD-ROM, an IDE controller with two Maxtor
drives.  I tried to install to the second drive, with the boot manager
installed on the first drive.  I followed the directions for the
installiation except for the /dos in the h partition.

Any help is appreciated.

Tom Drake